Today, we look at Jesus own words on the topic of sexual and gender minorities.
Who are the three types of sexual minorities Jesus is talking about in Matthew 19: 11-12?
1. “Those who have been so FROM BIRTH.”
2. “Those who have been made so BY OTHERS”
3. “Those who have made themselves so FOR THE SAKE OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN”
For the “homework,” use whatever translation you are most comfortable with:
· “Eunuch” or “sexually different.”
· “Mother’s womb” or “birth.”
Match the letters LGBTQIA+ with the three sexual minorities Jesus calls out:
1. from BIRTH;
2. by OTHERS; or
3. for the KINGDOM
LGBTQIA+ brief definitions: https://lgbtqiainfo.weebly.com/acronym-letters-explained.html
More detailed definitions: https://abbreviations.yourdictionary.com/what-does-lgbtqia-stand-for-full-acronym-explained.html
You are answering the question:
Who is Jesus talking about in each of these 3 groups?
· Some of Jesus categories may map to multiple letters.
· And some letters may be used more than once.
· You may also use terms not normally associated with the LGBTQIA+ community. For example, “castrated men” or “infertile men.”
References and URLs:
Janet Edmonds quotes:
From my research about eunuchs in antiquity:
6. http://theologyattheedge.co.uk/tears-in-god-s-wineskin (see bottom 4 references)
7. https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~wstevens/riseofeunuchs.pdf see page 497.
Quotes voiced by Speechelo
#Biblestudy #Christian #gaychristian #lgbtpride #Jesus #Christ #Affirming #lgbtchristian #Bible #QueerYouthOfaith #affirmingchurch #FaithfullyLGBT #queerallies #progressivechristian #affirmingchristian #trans #Lgbt #gay #Homosexual #Homosexuality